Have you ever wondered if it is greener on the other side of the pasture? I have often wondered that and have pursued that greener side. In most cases I have found that the other side is not necessarily greener until a change of heart and change of mind occurs. For instance, when I graduated high school I thought that college was going to be some amazing life changing event. This was not the case during my first few semesters of college. I used to think that life in Montana was so much better. It took me four semesters to finally appreciate college life and found that the college pasture was much greener than Montana. The more time I spent in college, the more I began to think graduation was going to be the most amazing thing in my life. In all honesty, graduating college and achieving a Bachelor's degree is pretty cool. However, now that I am graduated I am back in Montana and right now the pasture isn't so green. I am still waiting for that change of heart and change of mind. This past week is definitely a positive because we have finally strung together a full week of sunshine and ZERO rain. Which brings me to my 10+ things I miss about the previous side of the pasture:
1) My college degree was earned with little to no effort. I failed tests but I made up for them during the last week of school with my writing talents. (Copy, paste, citation)
2) At least once a week a lovely female was coerced into cooking me an awesome meal
3) Little to worry about, no bills to pay
4) Finals week. As stressful as the week was, it was an amazing feeling to come through with a 10 page essay on the Civil War or a 25 page essay on Texas Western Basketball in the final hours of school and earn A's and B's.
5) I miss how stupid the Honor Code is. No shorts, no hats, no beards or facial hair (for me it was no whiskers), midnight curfew for full grown adults, and no swearing (that was a tough one).
6) Ramires at 3 in the AM and the BGs that followed, Denny's midnight runs to I.F., and SNOASIS with Ice Cream in the bottom.
7) I miss the kid in the front row of every class who was so eager to learn. Put your hand down and stop participating. The Learning Model is garbage! You have to listen to people you don't want to for most of the period instead of the teacher who is paid to educate us.
8) Old Man Coates' class. The old guy can't teach worth sheesh but he always passed me along so he wouldn't have to see me again.
9) My married friends. Although many married people at BYU-I Do are completely insane, overbearing, and annoying, some of them were normal and weren't awkward to be around. Thank you Beckstrands, Bolens, Goulds, Perkins, Rosses, Salmons, and Serras.
10) The basketball league. I caused a lot of trouble in that league but it was worth the trouble and the fun. Being kicked out of the league twice, calling grown men pussy's and them being offended, fights in practices, full grown women bickering like they were in high school, being suspended for spitting on the floor and not being suspended for dropping the F bomb, and probably one of the most memorable moments was JJ chewing out Kimmie. That kid is legit.
I could go on but I am getting tired and want to continue reading His Father's Son: Earl and Tiger Woods.
No comments:
Post a Comment